Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

28 May 2005

"Tradeshow in Taipei"

And now for something completely different written in the back of limo after staying awake for way too many hours (sing it to the tune of “Yellow Submarine”):

A hurried drive
A colleagues’ pain
Last passenger check-in
Some big sweat stains!

We climb aboard
The jumbo jet
And settle in
But I’m still wet

An obese lady
Wedges in
However my back
Is on her shin

The same ol’ flicks
Are there in wait
I pick two
But they’re not great

(Chorus)
We’re all jettin’ to a tradeshow in Taipei
A tradeshow in Taipei
A tradeshow in Taipei

We’re all jettin’ to a tradeshow in Taipei
A tradeshow in Taipei
A tradeshow in Taipie

The wheels touch down
In Tokyo
I stretch my legs
And it’s time to go

By this time
Exhaustion settles in
A little sleep
Becomes my friend

(Chorus)

Now I’m racing
To my hotel
In a black limo
And I feel so swell

The driver’s quiet
But so am I
Soon I’ll get
A li’l shut eye

(Chorus)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Song lyrics? Wow. You must have been REALLY tired... What's next, traveler's haiku?

Seriously, it's great. Can't wait to read more!

(Oh, and mom & I actually did sing it as we read it... Really.)