Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

20 February 2007

Miscellaneous

After seeing "Letters From Iwo Jima" last night (thus completing the task of seeing all five films nominated for the Best Picture Oscar), I think "Letters" should win. I doubt it will, but it should. I won't be unhappy if "The Departed" or "Little Miss Sunshine" wins, though. I think I'd only be unhappy if "The Queen" wins. It's nowhere near a Best Picture nominee, even if I did enjoy it.

If you're a Portlander and you've not yet eaten at Ken's Artisan Pizza, do yourself a favor and get over there. I've waxed poetic about Apizza Scholls in the past, and I still love the pies there, but Ken's has risen to the top in my book. What I don't get is the phenomenon of pizza places in this town not taking reservations, thereby requiring patrons to queue early and often, but when you've got the winning formula of an excellent product and word-of-mouth buzz, you don't need to bother with reservations. The place is always full. It's not just the pizzas that are worth waiting for, either - each appetizer and dessert I've sampled has been top-notch. They even make their own gelato every day. When Chris & I went this past weekend, Ken himself was there holding the door open for people coming in. You've gotta love a place where the owner doubles as a doorstop.

No comments: