Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

24 July 2006

Curly Girl

Many years ago, in the folly of youth, I used to dye my hair black. And then I'd get it permed. It was huge with frizz. But I wanted curl, dammit, and with hair down to my waist, the weight never gave the curls a fighting chance. Then, more recently, my fabulous genius-of-a-hairdresser said that she would not both color and perm my hair. She said it would be too damaging. I settled on color, because I've always wanted to be a redhead, and she's been doing a fine job in that department. I settled for straight hair, and I was fine with the decision.

And then we cut to this past weekend, when it was so ungodly hot here that I became the girl who takes a couple cold showers every day just to cool off. I obviously wasn't about to blow-dry my hair after that, so it air-dried. And it did a funny thing. It curled.

Apparently my genius-of-a-hairdresser cut my hair in such a way that it curls if I don't blow-dry it. Who knew?!?

No comments: