Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

28 December 2006

Letters from the Past

A gift I got back in Oregon that I forgot to mention - and wanted to call out especially - is something my uncle brought from Connecticut. I opened a package from him to find a small pile of airmail and "V-Mail" letters. Turns out it's part of a collection of letters my grandparents wrote to one another when my grandfather was stationed in London during World War II. I'm about halfway through Grandma's letters to him, and haven't started on his letters to her yet. I'm absolutely over the moon about the pile, and my uncle says there's more where those came from. Obviously, most of their lives they were together and so weren't writing to each other - but there were a couple periods where they were apart, and I'm ever so glad Grandma was a meticulous record-keeper! I'm going to have to spend some time next year figuring out the best way to store and keep them. In the meantime, I'm just thrilled to have them.

No comments: