Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

02 March 2007

Buying Singles

There used to be a time when I'd buy a single song at the record store (back when record stores still sold records), and now with the advent of iTunes I'm back in the habit of doing that again. It no longer involves leaving my house, of course, but the act of buying a single song is fun, and I'm glad to be back in the habit again.

I don't do it often - perhaps one a month on average - and usually it comes in waves. Since I'm getting worse and worse about posting anything on this blog, I thought I'd share some of the singles I've purchased recently:
  • Silversun Pickups "Lazy Eye"
  • Muse "Starlight"
  • Zero 7 "In the Waiting Line"
  • The Balls "Ladylike"
  • Justin Timberlake "What Goes Around Comes Around"
  • Shiny Toy Guns "Le Disko"
I've got a running list of songs I've heard that I like and want to download, and when I get in the mood I just start clicking. In addition to those moods, I also am a habitual downloader of the free single of the week, which has resulted in some new favorite songs. Two that come to mind are "Wound Up" by Office and "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini. Usually these single downloads don't result in me purchasing an entire CD, but sometimes they do. Either way, it's a fun way to expand my music collection and know that I'm getting exactly what I want.

(Oh, and don't say anything about that Justin Timberlake song, either. I've since heard most of the whole album, and it's a damned fine one. I'm the last person who would ordinarily be willing to admit liking Timberlake, but the CD is great. No snickering allowed until you've heard it yourself. So there.)

No comments: