Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

30 March 2007

The Final Countdown

It's very strange to be contemplating not going into my old job anymore, even once a week. I'm not complaining, mind you - I've been wanting this change for awhile now, and I'm glad I won't be pulled in as many directions anymore. It's just, well, strange. I've known Sam since 1995, and have been working for him now (the second time) since 2002. I've never been good with change, even when it was a change I wanted, and this is no exception.

So, tomorrow I'll go over and help train my replacement on a few things she doesn't already know how to do, and I'll expect phone calls now and again when there's something they can't find. But for the most part, this is the part where I move on. I have my concerns about my replacement's ability to do the job the way I know Sam wants it done, and I even half-thought I should go in there once a month or something, on weekends, just to check on things... But that's more a symptom of my inability to let go than anything else. And while the new gal won't do things exactly the way I did them, she'll do fine. She'll learn, and she'll do fine.

At any rate, this is just another chapter in my life ending and another beginning, though without clear definitions between them. This could take some getting used to.

(And anyone who immediately started humming that Europe song from 1980-something when they read the title of this post, like I did when I wrote it, gets huge bonus points from this hair-band aficionado.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by the way, Congrats! Jess! I meant to write in a while ago when you posted about expanding your hours at boots'n'all and being able to cut back on the job juggling. I know what you mean about not even liking good change though. I have a feeling this will be a relatively easy adjustment!