Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

26 March 2007

Fewer Jobs, More Working Hours

I'm happy to report that as of April I'll be increasing my hours at BootsnAll. Happy me! It means lots more writing, which is great - it's not anything glamorous, just copy writing stuff for various parts of the website, but still. I feel like I finally have a job where I get to utilize my affection for writing and where it's actually recognized as being worth utilizing. Not bad.

For awhile, it'll mean more hours at the office, which means fewer hours working from home in my sweats and slippers. It's funny, when I first started working at home last fall I wasn't sure I'd end up liking it - and now I don't want to leave! I do enjoy my co-workers' company, though, so it'll be nice to see more of them. Those boys need a girl around every so often to remind them to behave, after all...

Being full time at BootsnAll also means I'll no longer be working for the mediator/attorney friend who I've known for nearly 12 years now. I'm sure I'll be "on call" with him for awhile, though, which is fine because he lives close by. All in all, I'm glad to be down to just one day-job (plus the teaching). It's been a long time coming, and I've been looking forward to this for awhile. It feels like such a relief.

No comments: