Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

27 April 2006

Dreaming of Being a Travel Writer?

I know plenty of people (myself included) who, as youngsters, had the fleeting thought, "I want to be a travel writer when I grow up!" The life seemed so romantic (in a struggling-artist kind of way, of course), and - in theory - seemed to offer the best possible schedule and job perks. I realized soon after I had that initial thought that I wasn't cut out for it... But if I'd had a resource like Written Road at the time, I might have harbored that pipe dream a few years longer.

Written Road is a blog maintained primarily by travel writer Jen Leo, who is incredibly generous with her travel writing tips. I've been subscribing to this blog for awhile now on Bloglines, and I've got nearly a dozen posts saved to possibly take advantage of travel writing opportunities later. Will I do anything with any of them? I have no idea - but at least I know about them. If you've got even the slightest interest in travel writing, or writing in general, Written Road is a great resource for leads and tips.

Full disclosure: Written Road is part of the BootsnAll Travel Network, my employer. As I learn more about the various resources in the Network, I'll post information about them here.

No comments: