Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

09 June 2006

Slow News Week

Between being sick and being busy, I've not been posting regularly here this week. I hope at least one of the aforementioned conditions changes in the not-too-distant future (I'm rooting for the first one), but in the meantime, you'll have to bear with me.

So, a quick note on a positive front - I had a dream in Italian last night.

It wasn't the entire dream, mind you, but it was still pretty cool. I don't often remember my dreams, so it's possible I dream in Italian more often than I'm aware, but to my recollection this is only the 3rd or 4th dream I've had in the last six years - since I started learning the language - that had any Italian in it at all. And last night's dream was fun, too - I was sitting in some Italian piazza on the steps of an old stone fountain or something, surrounded by old Italian men and women taking a break from their passeggiata, and I struck up a conversation with one old gent who was impressed with my language skills.

Now, I realize this is unlikely to happen in real life (the bit about a genuine Italian person being impressed with my language skills, I mean), but I woke up with a bit of a smile. It's only a dream, but I'll take whatever I can get.

No comments: