Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

29 August 2006

One Year Later

Today is the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting the gulf coast. I'm not sure I could say anything that hasn't been said in the days and weeks leading up to today, so I won't try. I haven't even seen the destruction first-hand, let alone suffered the kind of losses the people of the gulf coast have suffered. And one year later, I still well up at the stories about perseverance and love of community that continue to bring people back to a devastated region, even when our government can't seem to get its act together to truly help those in need.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Yesterday's Progress Report was dedicated to the anniversary, and is worth a read.

No comments: