Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

30 August 2006

Vicky & Lucy Play Catch-Up

Casey and I were friends in high school, going to all the rock concerts together, being groupies together... We hadn't seen each other in probably ten years - too long. She was in town this past weekend for a family reunion, and Chris & I met her and her boyfriend Adrian for brunch downtown.



It was nice to catch up, however, briefly, and I love the picture of the two of us - amazing how nicely we turned out, given our high school era pictures... Talk about big hair... Ha...


Back in the day, oh, how addicted we were to the hair dye and the perms... *sigh* Thank goodness the '80s are behind us. (L) Ready for a jazz choir concert, and (R) ready for a rock concert - both circa 1989-1990. This was also during the time we referred to one another as "Tricky Little Vicky" and "Juicy Miss Lucy." If you can tell me from what band's song we stole those names, you'll get... Umm... My highest esteeem? No Google-cheating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I know!!!!! And I know YOU know I know too! :):)I will be sooooo shocked if anyone get's this JS!!!

Jessica said...

So will I, Casey, so will I... :)

Michael said...

...and who drove these beauties to the rock concerts? I'll guess Bon Jovi!

Jessica said...

See, now, when I first read this, I thought, "Well, it would've been really cool if Bon Jovi had driven us to rock concerts, but..." And then it clicked.

No, Dad, it wasn't a Bon Jovi song. Although, in a very literal way, you're close.

Anonymous said...

Well, I know! I remember hearing about your escapades in your letters. It's Skid Row. Sebastian Bach is still cool. I love his character on Gilmore Girls, his rendition of "Hollaback Girl" was hilarious.

Jessica said...

Ding! Ding! Ding! Congratulations, Marci, you got it. :)

Anonymous said...

I think that this is my long lost pen pal from Corvallis, OR,...am I right?? Jessie?? This is Jenna from Charlotte, NC!!!! If you want to, email me here when you get a chance: JennaNC07@aol.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jenna