Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

13 June 2007

A Few Notes

First of all, I heard that my friend Michelle is already at home, she's recovering from her brain surgery so well. She's damned amazing, that's all I can say. As I told her, "Cancer clearly doesn't know who it's fucking with here."

Second, my dear boy Bub was scheduled to get his 4th dose of chemo today, but the vet called Chris to come pick him up after just his preliminary exam - apparently his white blood cell count was lower than they'd like, so they sent him home with a week's worth of an antibiotic and we'll try again for the chemo next week. He's only put on a tiny bit of weight, which is disappointing (although any progress is a good thing) because it seemed to us like he'd gained quite a bit. I guess optimism doesn't make the best scale.

Finally, I used to do these more often - when I drank more tea - so when I brewed myself a cup of tea today, I thought I'd save the quote on the tag to post here for y'all:

"He who has begun has half done. Dare to be wise; begin!" - Horace (65-8 BC)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in italiano deve essere rimasta traccia di questa massima di Orazio
si dice "chi ben comincia è a metà dell'opera"
mandi