Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

06 June 2007

Kicking Cancer's Ass

So, a quick update on my friend Michelle - the positive thoughts worked. She got through the brain surgery yesterday with flying colors. She was even talking not long after coming out of the haze. We joked that not even brain surgery can shut this girl up. She'll be in the ICU for a few days, then in another part of the hospital for a few days (maybe a week, I can't remember) and then will go to her folks' house so they can look after her. Then at some point she begins a 9-10 day regime of radiation, which isn't going to be fun. And then, I guess, we'll see.

And my dear cat Bub had his 3rd chemo appointment today, and when I got home from work this afternoon I fed him his newest favoritest treat - lunch meat. He just gobbles the stuff up. I also cooked some hamburger for him, which he likes, but not as much as he likes the lunch meat. He's gotten both turkey and ham and seems to like both equally well. The other day I made cold cut sandwiches for Chris and I, and he hovered around us (meowing loudly) as we ate. He even tried to swipe my sandwich. We've created a monster, and we couldn't be happier.

No comments: