Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

09 November 2005

California Anxiety

We'll be in Santa Monica next weekend for a couple days, mostly visiting my 94-year-old great aunt, but also to see my brother's band play in L.A. I'm a little anxious about it, as I've never really been a southern California kind of girl. Instead of the white sand and sun down there, I prefer Oregon's chilly beaches where a sweater is pretty much required (probably because I haven't looked good in a swimsuit since I was nine), and I can't help but feel I'm not nearly hip enough for the entire area. Be that as it may, we're going. My great aunt won't care who I'm wearing, and even if everyone else at my brother's show looks like I'd expect L.A. concert-goers to look, I'll console myself by knowing I'll soon be returning to the land of fleece and hiking boots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to walk the Santa Monica Third Street Mall and breakfast at the Big "O" NY Style Deli. The building on the mall with a tall tower was where your Daddy worked in 1964.