Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

24 November 2005

Hitchhiker's Guide to Thanksgiving

We're celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday at my mother's house, so today was just a bonus day off. Chris rode his bike (and froze - it was sooo cold this morning), and we did some chores. Then we settled in to watch "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," which we'd been wanting to see since it came out. We don't agree on the review, but since I'm the one writing right now you'll be getting my opinion.

It's a fabulous movie.

Really, it is. I read the first three books in the five-part "trilogy" many, many years ago, and haven't read them recently - I was amazed, then, at how much of the books came back to me as I watched the movie. It's clever and witty, and the visuals are great. It made me want to read the books again - which is much easier since I bought the entire "trilogy" (in one book - it's huge). I can't wait...

Oh, and we also decided to look up the author, Douglas Adams, on Wikipedia. It's a lengthy and informative entry, and makes me also want to check out his other work. I just love the idea that there are people in the world whose minds work that way. I'd love to surround myself with them and just listen to them talk.

No comments: