Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

09 May 2005

Last Week's Crop

These are pictures I'd just gotten back before we left for NYC, but that I didn't have time to scan.




From the top, L-R: Jasmine, the eldest cat, on the deck table; flowers & window at Chinese Garden's Tea Room; iris at Chinese Garden; lily of the valley in my garden; not-entirely-green greens at the Portland Farmer's Market; teacup at Chinese Garden's Tea Room Posted by Hello

I'm mostly pleased with these; the lily of the valley one is over-exposed a bit on the flowers, and I haven't bothered to try to adjust it yet. My favorites here are the iris, and the two from the tea room.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The two Chinese Garden Tea Room photos are my favorite of the bunch. The compostition and depth of field in the tea cup picture makes it quite intriguing. Great work!

Jessica said...

Thanks! I neglected to say that Chris was the "art director" behind the teacup shot, so should have received some of the credit there...

Jessica said...

Ooh, and I just realized that the way the pictures are laid out makes it look like a number 2... How bizarre...

Anonymous said...

So tell me more about this PCC class. Which class is it, and would you recommend the photo class to others?

Thanks.

Jessica said...

The class I took - the one I liked, anyway - was called "Getting Started in Manual Photography," taught by Bob Gersztyn. He's from Salem, also teaches classes down there. The link from the PCC site to the class listing is:
http://www.pcc.edu/schedule/default.cfm?fa=dspCourse2&thisTerm=200502&crsCode=8MANUAL&topicCode=PHO&subtopicCode=BP

But in case that doesn't work, it was CRN number 25705. Of course, it's done now, so you'll have to hunt in future PCC classes for Gersztyn's name.

I would recommend the class - if you're interested in starting from the real basics, and not hoping to learn everything in four classes. He dealt a little too much (for my tastes) on what you can do with fancy filters and odd light effects, when I just really want to take pictures of what's real... But the skills for both are the same, so that's fine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information!