Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

03 May 2005

Two Things...

First, a friend emailed to tell me that not only is my new tripod Italian-made, it's made in the Italian town they live in - so naturally, it's even cooler now.

Second, as I was chopping onions last night I sliced my left thumb... Chris was at a bike race, so I had to fumble with bandages on my own, but I managed to not only get it wrapped adequately, I even finished the meatloaf. Thankfully (though it feels odd to say that), Chris has had a couple slicing accidents in the last year or so - so one of the things in our first aid kit is a box of finger cots. You know, those little finger condoms. I put one over the bandages, so when it kept bleeding it didn't get in the food. Which is a good thing. Blood sausage is fine, and all, but only when it's not my blood. The thumb is still throbbing today, but the bleeding seems to have stopped. We've decided it's a good thing we cut with our dominant hands, which means we'd only wound our non-dominant hands. I know, I know - the "silver lining" here is pretty flimsy, but we take what we can get.

No comments: