Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

21 September 2005

Jiggety-Jog

I'm home now, in more than one way. First, in the sense that we arrived back at our humble abode on Monday night around 9pm, the cats were happy and there were clean sheets in the dryer waiting for us. (Did I mention that we have the best house-sitter ever?)

Second, I'm home today with a nasty head-cold. I starting feeling the ick midway through Monday's travels, so I can't imagine that I picked it up from that awful airplane air. My science-geek friend is now calling me a vector for having brought home a nasty German virus. To me, "vector" just sounds like a good band name.

Anyway, I went to work for a few hours yesterday to clean out my email inbox (800+ emails and four hours later...), and figured I'd go in today to start chipping away at the list of things to do. I slept better than I thought I would last night, but going to work is not an option for me today - I'm unable to breathe properly, and my voice is shot. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe.

And since today is the perfect day for a cup of tea, here's today's tebag tag:

Our patience will achieve more than our force.
- Edmund Burke

So, yes - patience would be the wisest thing to muster right now, knowing that all head-colds eventually run their course and leave. But lemme tellya - not being able to breathe through one's nose makes for more panic than patience. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and I'm going to take this opportunity to attempt to finish the diary entries from our trip, which I will then post in rapid succession. I know you're looking forward to that...

No comments: