Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

19 October 2005

Hope Is...

Heard on the radio yesterday - a quote from Jim Wallis, who apparently said, "Hope is believing in spite of the evidence, and then watching the evidence change."

I like the idea, and I'm certainly prone to subscribing to lofty dream-statements like that whole-heartedly, but I have to say - I think this one is a stretch.

It seems to me that hope is, indeed, "believing in spite of the evidence," but that's where it ends. Because when you're hoping, you're also hoping that the evidence will change - but hope alone doesn't cause change. We can hope for something, but unless we act on that hope we are (to put it crudely) pissing into the wind.

Just my two cents.

No comments: