Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

23 January 2006

The Holiday Haul

We finally went to our last Christmas gathering at my father's house this past Saturday, so I can finally post the list of all the CDs and DVDs we received and bought. The ones we purchased is a long list, indeed, because there was a music/book/movie store going out of business in Pennsylvania. We did our part to help them clear the shelves, as you'll see.

CD GIFTS:
Gorillaz - Gorillaz
Peter Murphy - Deep (which I'd had on cassette in college and loved)
The Essential Bob Dylan
Ligabue - Nome e Cognome
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass & Greatest Hits
Whitesnake - Saints & Sinners (a throw-back to my hair-band-lovin' days)
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (another throw-back, this one much more of a guilty pleasure)
Phoenix - Alphabetical

CD PURCHASES (in alphabetical order):
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful
The Bravery - The Bravery
Nikka Costa - can'tneverdidnothin'
Def Leppard - Hysteria (yes, this was a complete nostalgia purchase)
Minnie Driver - Everything I've Got In My Pocket (call it an odd curiosity - though it's mostly boring)
The Finn Brothers - Everyone Is Here
Heart - Bad Animals (another bit of nostalgia, a favorite from high school)
The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives
Maria McKee - Peddlin' Dreams
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
No Doubt - Singles
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Violent Femmes (the old album that I knew all the words to in high school)
Weezer - Make Believe

DVD GIFTS & PURCHASES:
U2 Vertigo Tour 2005
The Godfather
Il Postino
The Bridge On The River Kwai
La Dolce Vita (2 disc collector's edition)
Sports Night - Complete TV Series

Now if only there was enough time in the day to listen to and watch all this stuff...

No comments: