Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

05 May 2006

Wireless With a View

Chris is, at this very moment, in a large, windowless room full of other businessmen at a two-day meeting. I, on the other hand, am sitting in a lovely lounge overlooking the Columbia River Gorge taking advantage of the free wireless network provided by the Lodge, waiting to check into the room. I've got lots of writing to do (see below), so I won't be taking advantage of every amenity this place has to offer, but I'd like to take a walk around the grounds at some point today - it's an absolutely beautiful day in an absolutely beautiful spot. Poor Chris.

Tomorrow, May 6, the Giro d'Italia begins its three-week run around Italy. We'll miss the prologue since we'll still be out here, but I'm looking forward to seeing My Boyfriend kick everyone's ass this year. In anticipation of the upcoming Tour de France, I've been slowly working on a Cycling 101 piece so y'all know what in the hell I'm talking about. I'm hoping to make some serious headway on it this weekend (when I tear myself away from the view and the spa, that is), though it still won't be in time for the start of the Giro. My apologies. In the meantime, please enjoy the Wikipedia entries about the Tour de France and the Giro d'Italia.

No comments: