Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

11 February 2006

My Reason to Watch the Olympics

I've never been much of a sports fan, so I've also never been much of an Olympics fan. But four years ago I paid attention to the Olympics of my own volition - it wasn't just "on in the background" while I was in the room - because an old family friend was competing.

Joe Pack was a friend of my youngest brother's when we lived in New Hampshire, and he went on to win silver in Salt Lake City. He's in Torino this year, and I'm watching again for that familiar smile. I might not care much about sports, or really understand Joe's particular discipline, but I'll be in the front row cheering him on. The front row of my living room, anyway.


Joe, mid-flight


Joe at the 2002 Salt Lake City games (all photos from the AP)

No comments: