Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

14 March 2006

Full Disclosure

I got me a new job, pardners.

Starting yesterday, I'm working for Portland-based BootsnAll Travel Network. My job is still being defined, but I'll be handling some administrative duties as well as managing the online community over here. In time, it looks like I'll also get to do some editing and writing as well. Those of you who know me will know this already, but for those who don't - this is pretty much as close to a dream job as I could imagine (as I long ago gave up the dream of being a rock star).

I'm at the start of a steep learning curve at BootsnAll HQ, and already on my first day I learned about a whole bunch of BnA resources that I hadn't been aware of before. As I get more settled into my new position, and as I find BnA resources I think might be useful, I'll post them here. I don't want this to be construed as advertising (hence the title of the post), and I'll always remind you that I'm working there when I'm talking about it. I've often said that I would suck at sales unless it was something I really believed in myself - I've told so many people how great Oregon is, for instance, that I've been asked if I work for the tourism bureau here. The bottom line, then, is that I really like the resource that is BootsnAll, and I'm excited to learn more about it and pass it along to you.

In the meantime, I highly recommend stopping in at BootsnAll for a look-see. They're a fine bunch of people over there... Wait, I guess I should say we are a fine bunch of people, huh? Gotta get used to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job! It's always best when you work at something you love. (Although, I had faith in you when you wanted to be a rock star! ;)

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessie! I am so excited for you. I hope you are settling into your undefined role, and are enjoying it so far. It does indeed sound like a perfect fit for you. Horay! Are you working from home, or is there an office in town? - Heather