Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

13 March 2006

Tirreno-Adriatico: A Longer, Flatter Stage

Italian Leonardo Bertagnolli (Team Cofidis) snatched a great sprint victory in today's Tirreno-Adriactico stage ahead of Alessandro Petacchi, who says he's still coming into his form - if he hadn't proved himself umpteen times over in previous years, I'd say that was an excuse... But I'm still waiting for a repeat performance from Petacchi in Milano-Sanremo - that's the kind of reaction you want to see from a winner...

The stage itself was a change from the original plan - the last mountain climb that was originally scheduled still had too much snow to be passable, so the race organizers lengthened the route by 15km but eliminated the big climb. Current race leader Thomas Dekker isn't a great climber, so he benefited by the change - he kept the overall lead.

The ever-stylish and onetime peloton speed demon Mario Cipollini made an appearance today as well, looking as good as ever. And what would a cycling post from me be without a link to a picture of Ivan?

No comments: