Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

26 March 2006

Italian Radio Podcasts - Update

I forgot, I said I was going to try the podcasting thing this weekend and let you know how it went. Thankfully, Glen reminded me of my promises. You have Glen to thank for this post.

I tried doing it the way it said in the email I got, and I didn't get what I wanted. I did find tons of Italian podcasts, but not the RAI ones I wanted. Eventually I gave up and went to the main iTunes Music Store page and searched (under Podcasts) for "RAI." After scrolling through the countless podcast programs with the word "rain" in them (who knew there were so many?!), I finally found the ones I wanted. I've subscribed (all for free!) to four Italian podcasts, and I've already listened to parts of three of them. They're really interesting, and it's great to immerse the ear in the language.

In short, it's easy to find podcasts for any language you want, but if you don't find the specific one you're looking for, the "search" function is great. Here are the steps to get to the Italian ones - you can extrapolate for all other languages as you like:
  1. From the iTunes Music Store main page, select "Podcasts" from the "Choose Genre" drop-down menu.
  2. Click on the word "Browse" underneath the drop-down menu.
  3. You'll then get to a three-column screen - in the first column, the word "Podcasts" is already selected for you. In the second column, choose the word "International."
  4. In the third column, you can then select "Italian" - or whatever language you want.
  5. Choose the one you want from the list of podcasts below, and then "subscribe" to that one. They'll automatically update each time you log into iTunes and there's a new episode ready for downloading. It's a pretty cool thing, actually, and even cooler that it's free.

1 comment:

Keith said...

This site has a list of podcasts, streaming media and other useful audio/visual aids for learning Italian:

http://italianlanguageresources.blogspot.com/

Ciao!