Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

01 April 2005

Beijing City Guide

In anticipation of the China trip, Hubby borrowed the Globe Trekker “Beijing City Guide” from the library. We watched it on Friday night, and I’m more excited now about being there. The show spent five days there, I think, maybe six – and we’re looking at three-four days only, so clearly we’ll be more rushed and not see quite as much, but again – I’m looking at this as the first taste of what I hope will be future (longer) trips. I’ve got to get my feet wet first, right?

I’m excited about the markets, the ancient points of interest, and the points related to Mao’s regime. There’s apparently quite a long line to get in to see Mao’s embalmed body off Tiannenman Square, so we’ll have to see if time allows… I’ve never seen an embalmed body!

No comments: