Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

10 April 2005

Red Hills

Ooh, I almost forgot to write about dinner on Saturday night (can’t believe I forgot this, it was so great). We finally got together with friends we’d been meaning to see for ages. (Sadly, this dinner was their collective birthday present – and their birthdays are in January!)

We went to Red Hills in Dundee, which we’d heard much about and never been. It was fantastic – really cozy dining room in what I assume is an old house, full of dark wood built-in cabinetry and picture rails. When we got there at 6:30pm it was nearly empty – I was concerned we’d be self-conscious about the volume of our laughter. Then the place filled in, and we had to raise our voices to be heard.

The food was incredible – oysters, pate, filet mignon, lamb shank, salmon… Really spectacular. And with a local Pinot Noir to wash it all down, it was a lovely evening. Oh, and for dessert they had an interesting selection of ice creams – I had a wild honey and rosemary ice cream, which was an unexpected delight. I might have to dig out the ice cream machine again and prune our rosemary bush…

No comments: