Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

01 April 2005

The Pope

Hubby & I took his sister to Italy in 2001, and while we were waiting for our tour to begin in Vatican City, the Pope came whizzing through the crowd in his bullet-proof Pope-Mobile for his Wednesday audience in St. Peter's Square. We were pretty far away, so all I have are pictures of the big screen that was broadcasting his movements, but it was still pretty cool. Even for a half-Jewish atheist. And as he's the only Pope I've ever known to exist, his imminent passing is a moment I'm not likely to forget.


The Pope (in his Pope-Mobile) on the big screen, cruising through the crowd Posted by Hello


The Pope waving from the Pope-Mobile Posted by Hello


The Pope-Mobile cruising up the steps of St. Peter's underneath the canopy Posted by Hello


The Pope addressing the crowd from the podium (on the big screen) Posted by Hello

No comments: