Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

07 April 2005

Superfluities

I found this on Jim's site the other day, and as I generally check these things at work and I have not one single book in my office, I had to keep remembering to put a book in my bag. I finally remembered today... First, the rules:

This from Superfluities:
A new book meme circulating around the sphere is going by the name “123.5,” and its rules are these:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

The two books on my coffee table were both China guidebooks, so that's what I grabbed this morning. I'll try to remember to jot down the 5th sentence on page 123 of the book on my nightstand. Anyway, here are the two sentences I have today:

"In China's more developed regions, it's no cheaper than travelling in Europe or the U.S.A."

and

"Zui quan (drunken boxing) also mixes hard and soft moves."

Wow. All this time, I had no idea there was an actual term for a bar fight that would make it seem like something more than, well, a bar fight.

No comments: