Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

29 April 2005

Me too! Me too!

I saw Jim playing this game last Friday (he's playing again today) and wanted to join in. So, here's my random ten - keeping in mind that I've only scanned a tiny portion of my CD collection into my work computer...
  1. Emm Gryner - Hello Aquarius
  2. Tanita Tikaram - Poor Cow
  3. Jane Monheit - Blame it On My Youth
  4. McKinley - Dorothy
  5. Emm Gryner - July
  6. Moby - Look Back In
  7. Ani DiFranco - Slide
  8. Joan Osborne & The Funk Brothers - What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
  9. Duran Duran - Of Crime & Passion
  10. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Summertime
Okay... First things first, while I'm pleasantly surprised at some of the songs that came up, I'm also aware that this isn't a very good representation of my collection - even the limited one at work. For instance, there's none of the moody Brit-rock I adore at all. Also, my love of jazz vocalists isn't very well represented (no Diana Krall, no Ella). And lastly, the Moby & Duran Duran aren't even mine... Moby is Chris', and Duran Duran was a friend's CD that I scanned while I had it just because I had it. Haven't listened to it since... (Seriously, what is this need I feel to justify these ten songs?!?)

On the positive side, I'm thoroughly pleased that McKinley pops up, as that CD is still one of my favorites - plus she's a local artist, which I like. I've not bought any of her major label releases, perhaps I should look into them. Also, the Tanita Tikaram made me smile - it's an album my roommates and I listened to incessantly in college (though back then it was a tape!). Ah, nostalgia...

No comments: