Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

15 April 2005

Photography Class

I'm now halfway through the photography class at the local community college, and I've officially become more optimistic about learning something. The first photography class I took ages ago was horrid - the teacher was a good photographer, and an abysmal teacher. (I understand it's a very difficult thing to teach, and yet I can't help but think it's not impossible to find someone who's not only good at his/her craft but also a good teacher.) This time, I thought the same thing after the first class. Now that we've had a second class, I'm no more confident in this guy's teaching ability, but at least we're doing some hands-on stuff which we'll be able to see the results of by the next class. This, my friends, is a very good thing.

I picked up my first batch of in-class pictures yesterday, and let me tell you - they make for some really interesting viewing. I would venture a guess that there have never been finer shots of a high school hallway, nor of a spinning disco-ball in a dark classroom.

Yeah.

So, sarcasm aside, I won't be posting these gems here - though I hope the knowledge I gain in the class will help me post better pictures in the future of things we all might actually want to look at.

No comments: