Where am I now?

As you can see, this blog hasn't gotten any love in many years... But you can now find me on my site jessicatravels.com.

12 April 2005

Swanky Hotel

So, after awhile at the printer yesterday, we got lunch and then checked into the hotel.


Swanky hotel room (one of two TVs in the room) Posted by Hello

I’d have liked to go out and window shop a bit, but I was so tired from such an early morning that I just sacked out. The hotel was really nice, much more swanky than either of us is really used to. This is the kind of place where the New York Times, not USA Today, awaits you outside your hotel room in the morning. The desk had a small leather (or leatherette, probably) folder in which I found a tiny mobile office – a teeny stapler and highlighter, tape dispenser, sharpened pencil and packet of paper clips. Adorable.

Anyway, I ended up sleeping for an hour and a half, and only woke up when Hubby called to say he was on his way back. We walked around the shopping area near the hotel for a couple hours (Hubby bought a couple nice dress shirts at Macy’s), changed into something a little nicer, and went to Wild Ginger for dinner. Wild Ginger had dishes from a number of different cuisines, and some fun cocktails. We both had something called a Mango Mojito – Malibu Mango rum, mango puree and mint. Soooo good. And I swear, I couldn’t feel any of the effects of the alcohol, which is really unusual for me – normally I have one drink and I’m pathetic. I’ve decided that it’s likely the vodka in those apple martinis I love which puts me under the table. Apparently rum doesn’t have the same effect. (Good to know.) We had mandarin chicken, fragrant duck, potstickers, oysters wrapped in bacon, and mango sticky rice for dessert. We’re looking forward to coming back next time we’re in Seattle.

One funny aside in the boy-we-don’t-stay-in-places-this-nice category – as we were getting changed for dinner, we both heard a very faint knocking sound. We both thought the other was knocking on something, so neither of us moved (Hubby was in the bathroom, I was in the “lounge”). Then all of a sudden the door to the suite opened and the maid started walking in! Hubby had to run over and shut the bathroom door, which was in direct eye-sight of the door to the room. The maid was asking if we needed the bed to be turned down. I said no, mainly because I had no idea what the heck that meant… I asked Hubby when he got out of the bathroom, and he said, “I dunno – I think they straighten out the bed, fluff the pillows, maybe put a chocolate on the pillow.” Chocolate?!? I thought… Get those maids back here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, mojito's. Wild Ginger is famous for their mojito's. And if you ever get the chance, catch a show at The Triple door (just downstairs from Wild Ginger). It's a fabulous space and the food and drink are provided by the restaurant, so you get a great show and wonderful to go with it. I highly recommend the entire experience.